Powered By Blogger

My Blog List

Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Homeless In Japan



The following is an expose on the homeless situation in Japan. I see this everyday. I am not trying to bash Japan but it's something that the Japanese government needs to address. Part of the motivation comes when I witnessed a homeless person jump from an overpass while on my lunchtime in Nishi-Shinjuku. I was the first one on the scene but it was too late. I have seen him many times before and he was considered one of the leaders of the homeless community in Shinjuku Central Park. It was a cold November day and I guess he just couldn't take another winter.
The first image depicts on of the dwellings in the Shinjuku Central Park community. Some of these dwellings are ingenious with sloping roofs and even real glass windows. You just can't just 'set up shop' anywhere though. The homeless community in the park have a strict heirarchy as well as rules that must be followed.
The image directly above depicts the homeless lining up to get some soup that is being provided by the Jehova Witnesses. The Jehovas exploit he homeless in Japan by making them attend hours of 'seminars' laced with propaganda before they can claim their soup. You can find homeless people on many street corners and most major stations handing out Jehova propaganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment